Sunday 15 February 2015

Happy Chinese New Year 2015

Chinese New Year 2015 took place on 19/2/2015. This year is the year of the goat by the Chinese calender. This is one of the most important festivals in Chinese culture. It is not only represents the start of a new year but also referred to as a joyous occasion for family reunions. To me, It is also a festival to relive cultural tradition ...

You can see streets,houses, shops, or shopping malls are permeated with festive atmosphere, feeling the warmth and optimism of a new year. Let's welcome new beginnings!!


Golden Goat and a large number of red lanterns in Pavilion, Kuala Lumpur.

What a wonderful lantern tree!!


Spring couplets calligraphy contest as a part of the Chinese New Year celebration. My daughter and I took part in the contest at her school. Haha, quite a long time I didn't write in Chinese calligraphy! Anyway we enjoyed this festival activity.




Red is an auspicious color in Chinese culture, it symbolizes good fortune and joy. Thus, I tried to dress up some of my potted plants with red ribbon yesterday... I also put up a Chinese New Year tree at the corner of the staircase.

One of my decorative potted plants - Water Jasmine.
                                       
My Chinese New Year tree.


May the year of the goat bring prosperity, success and joy to you...





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...