I had not thought of the uses of these knitted roses while I was knitting them. I love roses so I knitted roses at an impulsive moment...
1. colored yarn (100% acrylic, weight 40g )
2. a pair of straight needles (4mm)
3. two pieces of knit leaf.
4. tapestry needle.
Knitting pattern :
Cast on 64 stitches (or any multiple of 8)
row 1 : knit one row
row 2 : purl one row
row 3 : *( Knit one stitch and then slip this stitch back onto the left needle. Pass the next 7 stitches over the top of this stitch one by one and off the needle and knit the first stitch again). Repeat from * to the end of the row.
row 4 : Knit one row
row 5 : Bind off and leave a 6" end.
Roll up the knitting piece to form a rose and sew in place at the back with the yarn tail coming from the bind off row. In order to let you understand better about the steps of creating a rose with the knitting piece, please refer to the photo and instruction below.
1. This is the knitting piece you have made just now.
2. With the cast on row facing up, and the reverse stocking stitch facing to the outside, roll up the knitting piece from left to right.
3. Thread the tapestry needle with the yarn tail (the 6" end) coming from the bind off row and sew the petals in place at the back of the work
4. Sew two pieces of simple leaf at the back. Done.